|Design Your Own Mission|
|Title:||Design Your Own Mission|
|Creator:||PatrickW and Dutchy3010|
|Release Date:||30 Nov 2008|
Design Your Own Mission (DYOM) is a mission mod for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas created by PatrickW and Dutchy3010. It allows users to create a new mission ingame, without writing a single line of SCM script. The mod works as a mission pack.
Installation is very simple. Just copy the MPACK folder from the archive to your "San Andreas User Files" (in My Documents). To add downloaded missions, just copy the DYOMx.dat files into "San Andreas User Files". CLEO 3 is needed for this modification to Save/Load missions, CLEO 4 is not supported and will not work.
The mod is considered to be very popular among modders. Currently there are over 10000 user-made missions. The mod popularity had given its authors the idea of making a contest the goal of which is to create the best mission using Design Your Own Mission mod. Each contest lasts for a certain period of time, then the jury consisting of the mod authors and the winner of the previous contest choose the best missions from the ones that were submitted. After that the members of GTAForums.com and GTAForum.nl vote for the winner.
- Best Mission Mod on GTANet Annual Awards 2008
- Best Project of 2008 on GTAForum.nl Awards 2008
- Best Script Mod  on GTANet Annual Awards 2009
- Best Mod on GTAForum.nl Awards 2009
- Best Mission Mod on GTANet Annual Awards 2010
- Best Script Mod on GTANet Annual Awards 2011
- Best Mission Mod on GTANet Annual Awards 2012
- Best Script Mod on GTANest Annual Awards 2013