DYOM Version 6 is a major version in the DYOM development history. This is the first version that has a major feature in it.
- Loading and Saving progress
- Mission Passed Rewards
- Removing Weapons
- Talking on a phone
- "Jump Forward" animation
- Copying actors
Version 6 came as a surprise in December 31, 2010. Nor Dutchy or PatrickW announced its development. PatrickW posted a tutorial and a video how storyline works.
Changes (in comparison with version 5.0):
- Major bug fixed. We think this caused a lot of unkown and non-reproducible crashes.
- Colouring objective texts will be with a + instead of ~. That last sign caused lots of trouble. You can use a + with shift+2. Besides, we created a shortcut. If you type CTRL-r it will generate +r+.
- When you edit a objective, you don't need to type your text again!!!!
- You can write a storyline (Beta topic for more information)
- Created a pauze menu to: abort, save progress and load progress during a storyline.
- Copy your actor with CTRL+P (requested here).
Goal of the beta's was trying to fix as much bugs as we could. We did fix a lot of bugs, but if you find any more bugs, please report. After version 6 beta 2 we fixed some more bugs.
- Fixed "outro not starting" after a progress file was loaded
- Parachutebug: activation of parachute script was hanging in DYOMintro texts.
- untranslated colorcodes when editing existing objective text
- Dead enemies who were objectives should be able to be hidden after being killed.
- Stability: Several bugs have been fixed that should prevent the random crashes when entering mission triggers
- Mission rewards: money end several "between missions" free-roaming settings (weather, riotmode, peds/cars enabled, wanted level)
- Clean Start of storyline: reset money,remove weapons,reset health
- Mission triggers no longer possible in interiors.
- Player Stronger in designer mode & no hunger & no drowning
- New Special objective: Remove Weapons
- New Special objective: talk on phone
- new animation: jump forward
- Actors possible to sit/enter missioncar (e.g. pickup someone with your missioncar)
- In designmode always only show the selected and 3 closest non-selected checkpoints as sphere.
- Enabled all wasted/busted respawn points (spawn at nearest hospital/police when wasted/busted)
- Option to use "enter" to make choices during browsing and in menu's